Monday, May 07, 2007

Check Your 710


There were so many things going on this weekend but I ended up just chillin. Missed the Garden Party and Annual Hall Cleanup, not to mention the conservancy walk to Tree Island and the infamous Martini Lounge... but some relaxation was in order....Fireweed, if you read this, I've stolen a pic from your site of the last Garden Party. (sorry and thanks). The shot on the left was taken from my front porch. Sunny on Denman Island while raining in Buckley Bay. This is quite typical as we get significantly less rain here than Comox or Courtenay (where it poured rain on this day). BTW, It's Monday, May 7th and the temp is 17.4c in my woodshed.... summer's a 'comin.


A few days ago I was having some work done at my local garage. A blonde came in and asked for a seven-hundred-ten. We all looked at each other and another customer asked, "What is a seven-hundred-ten?"
She replied, "You know, the little piece in the middle of the engine, I have lost it and need a new one.." She added that she did not know exactly what it was, but this piece had always been there.
The mechanic gave her a piece of paper and a pen and asked her to draw what the piece looked like.
She drew a circle and in the middle of it wrote 710.
He then took her over to another car which had its hood up and asked "is there a 710 on this car?"
She pointed and said, "Of course, its right there."
If you're not sure what a 710 is Click Here



This is Sienna's friend, Charlie....(yes, she's biting his butt) they play great together and Sienna can use the exercise as she's gained a few pounds over the winter. (as have I)...


Curt and Denise are making their way here via Victoria and should arrive late next week. I'm looking forward to seeing them and hearing all about their seven month adventure in New Zealand.


A few real estate transactions are coming up this week as we close on the 5 acre parcel here on Denman. Now comes the task of designing, and sourcing materials and labour for the building process. The house in Cedar also completes this week. We still have no hard bites on the house on Denman, but we're not too stressed about it, as it's nice to have a place to live while we build. We have an initial plan from the designer and now we just have to tweak it to fit our priorities. I must admit, getting the initial concept down on paper was very creative and makes the best use of the setting. I'll have to check on any more copyright infringement before I start posting floorplans.... but, I will say that the house has a small footprint and energy efficiencies are a top priority.
I dare say that by the time my next blog rolls around the hit counter will have reached 2000, (before the site is officially 6 months old on May 26). WOW.


Cheap Dave's Wine Corner: I know, I know, I was slacking off last week and didn't open a bottle of wine.... Here's a red for this week... Trivento Reserve Syrah (2005) Argentina ($12.98) A very nice looking bottle... Very smooth and soft with a medium finish... and not really my style. However, this would be a fine wine to introduce someone to reds. or for sipping on the patio. Here's what Gismonde has to say: "Very spicy, blackberry jam, minty, peppery, coffee aromas with a hint of game and sausage, very fragrant. Soft, round, smooth and dry with minty, peppery, coffee, smoky, black cherry, licorice flavours and a touch of vanilla. Suave and ready to go. Great value."

No comments: