Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Our Kitchen: A Nuke-free Zone

One day it was gone. Nowhere to be found. I'm not so sure I can exist without it..... I enjoyed it nearly every day, even if just for a few seconds and it saved me sooo much time. Kari initiated the "experiment" and I must admit I was firmly against it. And damn-it, I hate when she's right. So, just what's so wrong with having one anyway....? I always kept mine well away from my crotch, so no worries there.... and I try not to peak in her window when she's doing her thing. As with any non-syncing of ideas and opinions, out came the laptop to Google: "dangers of microwave cooking". It took about 5 minutes to agree that the microwave should be forever banished from the house. It now lives in our garden shed, until such time, it can be disposed of. I moved here to slow life down a little, and not having a microwave oven goes above and beyond contributing. Boiling water for tea, now provides a long loiter in the kitchen while staring at the spot on the counter-top where she used to be.

I've always been proud to be Canadian eh. Steven is doing what he can to change that. Why should Canada have to agree to targets on greenhouse-gas emissions that would exempt developing countries? How about because we should be World leaders, and not whiners. "If all countries emitted greenhouse gases at the same level as Canada, the world would be nearly 800 per cent above levels considered sustainable". Now, that's leadership. I feel another rant on Electoral Reform coming on!

I like this ad directed at parents of female, TV addicted teenagers.... one of which, we have in our house.

No comments: