Sunday, November 16, 2008

I-tube & Youtube

Straw Bale House Update: most of the week was spent laying in the heating tube. I used the Uponor Wirsbo HePex plus product. The 1000 foot rolls were a handful to maneuver for one person. But once I got the hang of it, it went quite smoothly. The picture shows just how precise the map layout was. Next week, I'll pressure test the system and we'll be ready for concrete.... another concrete pour.... they're never good days for me. Much too stressful. With the downturn in the building market, I'm hoping, just maybe, that the labour prices are creeping down.
Some of the good weather hours were taken up with some lot cleanup. Kari, the resident pyromaniac had a nice fire going late in the week.


The weekend was spent at an air brake course that the fire dept. was putting on. I was one of the few that still cannot operate the new tanker because of lack of air brake license. Next week, I'll have to find some time to do the written ICBC test to complete the process.
On Saturday the province had it's municipal elections and
Denman Island had it's own version with an election for our Island's Trust, trustees. When the smoke cleared, nothing had changed. The incumbents were victorious. There was quite an under-current of tension during the pre-election, different candidates seemed to have different versions of what is means to "preserve and protect" the island, (a trustee's mandate).

Yes, I'm well aware that my "ten latest visitors" tool on the right column is not working..... It will be given one last chance and then will be toasted.

Cheap Wine Corner: This is beginning to be a habit..... I came across another review of one of my first cheap wine reviews.... good ol' Cono Viognier..... (one of my all-time favs)...this time done with much more class than I could possibly muster and still a great buy for under ten clams. (no, I wasn't Googling "naked wine drinking"), but come to think of it.....

No comments: