Saturday, September 29, 2007

Beam Me Up!

Our feral kitten continues to adapt to our household. He's no longer afraid of the dog and will initiate a playtime with her. He's also slowly winning over our grumpy old tabby, which is an amazing feat. He's showing signs that he'll be a good mouser, (he's lightening quick) but hasn't given Norman (our rat) much attention yet. Asking those two to get along might be pushing it a bit.

Straw Bale House Update: We've got water! The pump has been dropped in the well, the pressure tank is installed and all electrical challenges of running off the generator have been addressed. small leaks have forced me to "re & re" a few times, so I can now plumb and rewire the whole affair with my eyes closed. The water is fresh and clear with no odor, (a bit of a rarity here).
The metal roof on the pumphouse has been installed before the rain and the beams were picked up from a "one man mill" in Merville. The 16 footer stuck out well past what the law will allow, but my little trailer saved me yet another delivery charge. The truss company wants to charge $450 to deliver the trusses, so I'll be looking at alternatives to that. The trusses aren't full size, so a small truck my be able to handle the load at a fraction of the price.
Last week I heard on the radio that there was a new game being launched my Microsoft (Halo-3), and people were lining up overnight to be the first to buy it. The announcer on the radio said, "you'd have to living on a deserted island not to have heard about the launch". So, here I am on my deserted island... and speaking of Microsoft... in an attempt to cut off Apple I-tunes, there's http://www.spiralfrog.com/ which offers an impressive amount of searchable and downloadable album archives, for free! The catch? The downloads are in windows media format and not compatible with I-pod or Zune. Most other MP3 players should work or have a software update available.
Our provincial Government, after spending tens of thousands of dollars on "neighborhood meetings" to ask taxpayers what they should do with the 4 BILLION dollar tax surplus, have decided to use the money to pay down the debt. Add this to the billion Ms. Taylor was dangling in front of the Public sector workers last year and I can come up with two suggestions for our Liberal friends... #1 don't spend my tax dollars on public opinion meetings that are nothing more than campaign ploys. #2 Get a new accountant.
Hey, the Canuck buck makes par.... I was reading this is really hurting BC's marijuana export business... funny, the things you don't think of.
Blogger must have thousands or tens of thousands of pictures uploaded daily. Wouldn't it be cool to see those shots being uploaded in real time.... now you can, but I'll warn you this is addicting. Blogger live photo uploads

No comments: