Tuesday, September 25, 2007

A Walk in the Park

We went to a Denman Arts concert on the weekend featuring Tambura Rasa, a "world music" group from Vancouver. There was lots of tapping feet and dancing of all sorts. Overall a good show to start the season. Sorry for the blurry picture as my camera's batteries died after the first shot.


Sunday we ventured off-island to visit Strathcona Park and take in some of the fall season beauty. It was a spectacular day, without a cloud in the sky. I've included a few shots of our hike... more pics can be seen in my "Off Island Adventures" photo album.






Straw Bale House Update: Tomorrow, I'll pick-up the structural beams that will be visible. We'll use Cedar outside and Fir inside the house. (The posts we've had milled from trees on the property). The beams are being milled in Black Creek and I'm hoping that my 8 foot utility trailer will be able to haul them in one trip. The longest beam is 16 feet, so it should be interesting to say the least. I'll also pick-up the metal roofing for the pumphouse, (and none too soon as the forecast leans heavy on rain).

I knew there had to be a reason not to buy bottled water, (other than being cheap). Yeah, I'm cheap and can't justify buying little bottles from large corporations, filled with a product that is free or dirt cheap from my water cooler. (I fill my cooler bottles at the grocers for $2.99) 5 reasons not to buy bottled water.

No comments: