Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Mad Money?

If you grew up in the 50's or early 60's like me.... and came from a small town anywhere, you'll laugh out loud when you read this book.

By now BC'ers have received their $100 carbon tax cheque in the mail. Firstly, I have to wonder what the administration costs were to generate all those cheques. Next, I wonder why the credit wasn't just added to a tax system already in place, (eg: income tax). Next I wonder if it was required at all, since it will be quickly taken back by the new Provincial carbon gas tax. So, what to do with my $100... it's intended to go toward some eco-friendly merchandise you know.... I can't buy cfl's because we've already converted... bicycle, shoes, low flush toilet, low flow shower head....all good options, but have those too. In the end, I decided to open a KIVA account and loan the money to those who could use it most whilst I think of the perfect purchase. After all, I don't get $100 every day you know. I trust most people will use it for a single tank of gas.

Wildlife update:
(When does 2-1=3) Shooting one cougar doesn't necessarily mean that there are no others... The latest cougar siting was of a mom and two cubs... which means she was either pregnant when she arrived or hooked up with the big Tom that was shot here back in May.

No comments: